Thank you for your interest in Westmoreland Service Corps (WSC)! Our application period for this year ends when our 5 slots are filled so please apply and spend a year in DC!
- College degree or related work experience
- Willingness to live simply on a limited income, cooperatively in community with 4 other adults
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- College transcripts
- Subsidized housing with own bedroom in a furnished house in Bethesda, MD, on DC border, near excellent public transportation
- Health insurance, commuting allowance, monthly stipend from agency for housing, food and modest personal expenses
- Placement process that matches applicant's interests and skills with available positions
- Simple living in a community grounded in service to others
- Professional community counselor who meets weekly with Volunteers
- Periodic retreats for reflection and evaluation
- Participation in a program centered on the values of service to others, with a welcoming church home and supportive board members who serve as mentors
Note: "We are one of five Young Adult Service Communities affiliated with the national United Church of Christ. You do not need to be Christian or a member of any religious group to participate in our service year program. In the past we have had people of the Christian, Hindu, Muslim, and Jewish faith participate as well as those with no religious background. The Westmoreland program does not require our interns to work any hours at our church or attend church services. However, for consistency and to share resources, we do use the YASC application. If you want to be considered for the Westmoreland Service Corps and work in the Washington DC area, please indicate that on your application. The link to the Young Adult Service Corps application is below."
To complete our application process please follow the application process here:
If you have any questions please email us at recruiting@