Thank you for your interest in Westmoreland Volunteer Corps! Our application period for this year ends when our 5 slots are filled so please apply and spend a year in DC!
- College degree or related work experience
- Willingness to live simply on a limited income, cooperatively in community with 4 other adults
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- College transcripts
- Subsidized housing with own bedroom in a furnished house in Bethesda, MD, on DC border, near excellent public transportation
- Health insurance, commuting allowance, monthly stipend from agency for housing, food and modest personal expenses
- Placement process that matches applicant's interests and skills with available positions
- Simple living in a community grounded in service to others
- Professional community counselor who meets weekly with Volunteers
- Periodic retreats for reflection and evaluation
- Participation in a program centered on the values of service to others, with a welcoming church home and supportive board members who serve as mentors
To complete our application process please submit the following via email (preferably as attachments) to recruiting@
- The application:
- A digital copy of your resume/ Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Your college transcripts
- Any other documents or items (videos, links, presentations, websites etc) that you find relevant to your application
- To fill in the PDF file you will need an application that will allow you to fill in the form. Adobe has a free download here of their PDF Reader program. Once you open the file the very first thing you should do is to save it to a place where you can access it later. You documents folder works well for this and make sure you save it often as you fill it in.
If you cannot fill in the PDF form then you can:
- Download the RTF file and fill it in using an editor and send as an attachment.
- Print the RTF file, fill it in by hand, scan it and send as an attachment.
If you have any questions please email us at recruiting@